photo: Anoop Kumar via flickr commons
In 2009 we envisioned a future where the world's cities are supported by water, energy and ecological infrastructure that is regenerative, efficient and resilient.
Sherwood Institute advances urban and ecological change by promoting transformative technologies, creating supportive implementation frameworks and providing resources for local champions.
What We DO How we're doing it
- Help city governments achieve their water needs
- Assist communities in becoming water resilient
- Pioneer water technologies and processes
- Safe-keep environmental services for their own benefit, the benefit of other living organisms and for future generations
- We are active participants in helping define policy for UN Habitat III
- We produce a yearly Forum on Innovations in Urban Infrastructure to create a community of action among like-minded professionals
- We developed a Vision Plan for Bangalore, India in 2014 and are now underway with a pilot to help slum dwellers have a better living environment
- We created the Sustainable Water Management Toolkit for the Pearls Rating System - Estidama, United Arab Emirates
- We delivered a seminar on Infrastructure Innovation at Columbia University, GSAPP