photo: Anoop Kumar via flickr commons
We envision a future where the world's cities are supported by water, energy and ecological infrastructure that is regenerative, efficient and resilient.
Sherwood Institute is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. US Federal Tax ID: 26-4251253
WHAT WE DO
- Help city governments achieve their water needs
- Assist communities in becoming water resilient
- Pioneer water technologies and processes
- Safe-keep environmental services for their own benefit, the benefit of other living organisms and for future generations
HOW WE'RE DOING IT
- We are active participants in helping define policy for UN Habitat III
- We produce a yearly Forum on Innovations in Urban Infrastructure to create a community of action among like-minded professionals
- We developed a Vision Plan for Bangalore, India in 2014 and are now underway with a pilot to help slum dwellers have a better living environment
- We created the Sustainable Water Management Toolkit for the Pearls Rating System - Estidama, United Arab Emirates
- We delivered a seminar on Infrastructure Innovation at Columbia University, GSAPP
Sherwood Institute advances urban and ecological change by promoting transformative technologies, creating supportive implementation frameworks and providing resources for local champions.