Photo credit: Anoop Kumar via Flickr Commons
We envision a future where the world's cities are supported by water, energy and ecological infrastructure that is regenerative, efficient and resilient. Our sustainable water infrastructure is designed to empower citizens with a common ground that connects health, economics and social with the natural rhythms that energize communities with an enriched sense of living beauty....and livability.
Sherwood Institute transforms destructive, resource depleting cities from within by creating life-enhancing regenerative water, energy and ecological infrastructure. To replace dependence on fossil-fuel based technologies and outmoded infrastructure, Sherwood Institute advances urban and ecological change by: promoting transformative technologies, creating supportive implementation frameworks, and providing resources for local champions
“Sherwood Institute has helped accomplish over 200 of its partners’ major urban water goals. They inspire communities to act for water resilience.
— Velodia Desmuelines, SPUR
WHAT WE DO HOW WE'VE DONE IT
- Help city governments achieve their water needs
- Assist communities in becoming water resilient
- Pioneer water technologies and processes
- Safe-keep environmental services for their own benefit, the benefit of other living organisms and for future generations
- Forum on Innovations in Urban Infrastructure
- UN Habitat III prepcom side event
- Sustainable Water Management Toolkit for the Pearls Rating System - Estidama, United Arab Emirates
- Vision Plan for Bangalore, India
- Seminar and independent study instruction at Columbia University, GSAPP
Some of our Earth's most pristine landscapes are being threatened
To make a difference, with reducing human impact and improving urban living conditions, our sustainable water infrastructure will enable people to meet basic daily living standards, while improving overall health and social welfare.
Find out how your commitment to action, will help.